06 September 2007

killin in the city of brotherly luv

Looks like I should be looking at Philly.com for news content for my blogs
more than New York. As always, you can count on the folks to give you
plenty to talk about. I see it was a bloody Labor Day weekend, full of
fun, BBQs, suntans, and of course murder.

Just to be fair and balanced (if you can call it that), here in NYC we had
a bombing in Chelsea at some dance studio overnight, a shooting at the West
Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn (which I was fortunate to be less than 1/2
block from heading in that direction when I saw the usual customary wave of
people running in my direction and the exciting view of a NYPD helicopter
circling above at very low altitude over the carnage), and a girl getting
shot in Staten Island. Not to mention almost another confrontation right
in front of me while I waited for my peeps to get some last minute food
(with his hand cocked on something that looked lethal, he challenged the
other guy with the now-overused phrase "Wats good?"). So we here in the
Apple know how to create mayhem and madness too.

But Philly has a lock on murder and mayhem these days (it must be in
competition for the gold with New Orleans). In the same weekend as the
events above, you had 9 murders all over the city. A lot were in North
Philly, but as usual everyone got a piece of the pie. With so many
stories I could go on all day, you can read Philly.com for the details. I
may post on my blog. But my favorite murder story of the weekend (perhaps
the year - so far) is this one :


Police said about two hours earlier, Cornine Houston, 28, got into an
argument with a woman inside a home on Reed Street, near Broad.


Houston stabbed the other woman numerous times before pushing her out a
third-floor window, police said. Houston then went outside and kicked and
punched the woman as she lay on the sidewalk, police said. The victim,
who was not identified, died at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital at
9:57 p.m. Houston, of Sansom Street near 47th, was arrested and charged
with murder, police said.



Lika course she died with all of that a**kicking. Who wouldn't have?
All I can say to that saga of a story (done only as Philly can do) is
"Wat's good?"



No comments:

check the time where you're at on the Big Board...